WHY we are trying to do this:
- Increase student content knowledge, critical thinking, problem solving, and collaboration.
- Ignite curiosity in children and passion in teachers.
- Restructure science training to match the Next Generation Science Standards.
HOW are we going to do this:
- Provide teachers with professional development in STEM.
- Support teachers in networking with higher education.
- Certify high quality science leaders.
- Collaborate with the Universities/Science partners to provide meaningful STEM training for teachers on a frequent basis.
- Provide materials support for hands-on science.
- Assist teachers to balance the use of textbooks and hands-on science kits.
- Convene educators to voice the passion for hands-on, inquiry-based science.